What's the fastest way to log my foods?
Below are some tips for the most efficient ways to approach adding different types of foods to your Nutritionix Track food log.
- Barcode Scanner This is by far the fastest way to log a packaged food. Access the scanner by clicking on the barcode icon in the top right of the search bar.
- Optimized Search Search for grocery products in the top search bar by including the product and brand name.
- Grocery Tab Browse the grocery-foods dataset by clicking the green +Track button at the bottom of your screen and navigating to the Grocery tab.
- Restaurant Tab Search for restaurants and browse through that brand’s menu offerings by clicking the green +Track button and navigating to the Restaurant tab.
- Optimized Search You can also search for restaurant menu items by using the top search bar and including the item name and brand name in your search. (We recommend the Restaurant tab approach if you prefer to view a brand’s whole menu at once, which can make it easier to log multiple items from that menu at one time.)
- Freeform Powered by our Natural Language technology, Freeform mode allows you to add foods from the Common Foods dataset by typing or speaking freely about what you ate. The app will do the rest of the logging work for you!
- Optimized Search You can find common foods in seconds by searching in the top search bar.
To create a custom recipe, just select "Log as Single Food" in your Basket:
You will have an opportunity to give the recipe a name and specify the number of servings.
To edit and review your custom recipes, go to the My Foods page, accessible from the side menu. You can change the number of servings, or even add or remove ingredients!
PRO TIP: Got a long recipe? Add all of your ingredients in seconds using our Freeform mode! Fueled by our natural language processor, Freeform makes it easy to copy+paste a recipe right in!